Sunday, March 8, 2009

Madame Louise de France

Madame_Louise_carmelite
Catherine Delors concludes her wonderful series of articles on the daughters of Louis XV by exploring the life of the youngest daughter who became a nun and a Blessed of the Church.
She added that moralists were right when they said happiness does not dwell in palaces; that she had proved it; and that, if I wanted to be happy, she advised me to come and enjoy a retreat in which the liveliest imagination might find full exercise in the contemplation of a better world.
Share

2 comments:

tubbs said...

A very cute, very pretty, almost coquettish young lady comes through the Nattier portrait inspite of that work's period stylization. (a young Drew Barrymore?) I am completely intrigued, enchanted,.....I want to go back in time!

elena maria vidal said...

Me, too, which is why I enjoy writing historical fiction. A good book can take you back in time.....